- Increased number and type of edges patterns, which helps to preserve sharp geometric features and also to process diagonal geometry edges.
- Improved pattern handling with a fast and accurate distance search for a more reliable edge detection.
- Added multi/supersampling and temporal reprojection
- Each feature can be enabled and disabled to match the desired result.
- Designed to run on a GPU. SMAA 4x, less than 3 ms execution time on GeForce GTX 470.
- Sharper re-vectorization than original MLAA.
- Improved pattern search.
- Integrated multisampling and temporal antialiasing (cures ghosting and preserves sub-pixel detail) which can be increased to preserve stability and increase sub-pixel quality for a more complex scenery.
- Final image quality comparable to SSAA 16x (supersampling) with a much lower execution time and memory consumption.
- Deferred rendering pipeline friendly.
- Storing velocity module (for temporal antialiasing) in alpha channel of the color buffer may conflict with deferred rendering pipeline.
Note: Precompiled demo seems to display a more sharper and stable result with MSAA 4x in contrast to SMAA 4x setting.